Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bargain Bottle of Water

After checking out of my St. George Motel and before heading out to Zion National Park a few weeks ago, I thought I’d better fill my gas tank so I could zoom directly back to my hotel in Las Vegas after touring the national park.
At the gas station across the street, I decided to buy a bottle of water to wet my whistle while at the park.
According to the park’s website, they don’t sell bottled water once you’re past the entrance gates. Guess they don’t want to deal with empty bottles.
You know what I discovered? Bottled water sure is cheap in Utah. That bottle of Dasani that I picked up only cost me 37¢. Why, I’m so used to paying $1.50 to $2.00 a bottle, that I actually gaped. The cashier must have picked up on it because he smiled and nodded.
The funny thing is, that bottle lasted me all day until I turned my car in to the valet in Las Vegas.
Yeah!

No comments: