Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Zzzzzzzzz

I spotted this sign as I was driving in San Jose and it intrigued me. When the tag line is “You Sleep, We Work,” how can it NOT catch your eye?

Basically, it’s for wimps like me who don’t want to undergo the stress and anxiety we feel while sitting in the dentist’s chair. Personally, I grew up in an era where a trip to the dentist was like a trip to a torture chamber. Y’know, evil scientist coming at your face with a huge drill, hammer and chisel?

Apparently, I’m one of the 30% of citizens who avoid going to the dentist because of the fears.

In sedation dentistry, they either give you the drugs via IV, or orally. If I had a choice, I’d choose oral sedation. I mean, if they’re going to work on the mouth, why not let the mouth do a little work a forehand, no?

Oh, and one has to bring someone who can drive.

Hey, think of it. You sleep, they work, your teeth get an overhaul, AND you get a chauffeur. What a deal, what a deal!

2 comments:

R. said...

I went in for the sedation dentistry when I had a couple cavities. It's a Godsend for us dental-phobes.

casch said...

wuss! :)