Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Musical Interlude

Things sure have changed since I last was in a hospital 30+ years ago.

For one thing, television channels have increased multi-fold and are presented on cable. And now, the rooms have free TV so we no longer have to have a pile of one-dollar bills to pay the daily fee to watch TV.

And, yesterday when I was bed side in the Intensive Care Unit, a man came strolling in and serenaded us with his ukulele. He had a beautiful voice and played his instrument very well.

I wonder if he’s part of the hospital professional staff who does this to make patients feel at home, or if he’s a private contractor.

I should have asked him, but I didn’t. Maybe I will if he comes again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that is so awesome! Although, I'd have probably grinned like an idiot when they came in singing. lol. Hugs to you both.
Deb