Sunday, December 14, 2008

It Wasn’t a Dream

The booming explosions filled the morning darkness and I stirred restlessly, incredulous thoughts running through my mind. What was that? What was going on?

And then … I woke up. But it wasn’t a dream. No, it was the sound of aerial fireworks exploding in air, heralding the start of the Honolulu Marathon at 5 o’clock this morning.

Something like 23,000 runners (46,000 feet, 460,000 toes) began pounding the pavement at the start of the race near Waikiki. I didn’t hear those, thank heavens!

I suddenly realized that once again, I missed running in the marathon. Oh well, there’s always next year. Yeah, right!

3 comments:

Montee said...

Craig, did you get any of that bad weather? I saw on the Weather Channel something about tornadoes.

casch said...

So. . .you didn't really miss the fireworks then, huh? :)

Craig Miyamoto said...

Lots of rain and wind, Montee ... but no tornadoes!

Nope, sure didn't miss the fireworks, Carolyn. LOL.