Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Won a Dollar Today

… from my wife.

We went out to breakfast and when we were done, she said she needed to drop by a vendor’s place in Waikiki to pick up some fresh fruit for the platter she was making for a holiday gathering we’re attending tonight.

And then, she needed to drop by a tenant’s apartment to give him some Japanese mochi.

I grumbled, of course, because after all, I am the husband and I’m lazy and I wanted to get home quickly so I could watch NFL football on TV. I told her that was going to take an hour to do.

Now, you need to understand that my wife has absolutely no concept of time and how long it takes to do things: “Nah, 15 minutes at the most.” I bet her a dollar that it would take at least an hour. She took me up on the bet.

It took 1 hour and 10 minutes. I’m a dollar richer.

2 comments:

casch said...

I still think you must be blonde!

Montee said...

I need to start betting my husband. I would be one wealthy woman! He has no concept of time either, drives me nuts.