Wednesday, July 11, 2012

One Foot Pigeon

No, not a pigeon 12 inches long. And not a pigeon that looks like a foot. I mean a pigeon with one foot. Sorry if I confused you; it must goes to show how important a little hyphen and an "ed" suffix are in a title. "One-footed pigeon" would have made more sense.

Anyway, I saw this bird while having a smoothie at the International Market Place, resting my tootsies after wandering around the tourist trap with a friend visiting from the mainland.

At first, I thought the pigeon was standing on one foot, ala flamingo, but then it started hopping around the place. Voila! One-footed pigeon.

I wonder if it was born that way. I hope so; I hate to think that it lost its foot somehow. But it seemed to be handling itself okay. Living beings are tough that way ... they adapt.

Gives one faith, doesn't it?

No comments: