Tuesday, June 7, 2016

My Daily Newspaper Routine


I love Big Nate; I think Lincoln Peirce does a wonderful job with the comic strip.

Okay, now that we know Big Nate’s and Mrs. Czerwicki’s daily newspaper-reading routine (obituaries first? Really?), here’s mine.

While having breakfast, I read headlines in the news and entertainment sections. I then leaf through the sports section to see if there are any stories/columns about the Atlanta Braves or the University of Southern California Trojans. More likely than not, there is none.

Then, my favorite part, I read the funnies faithfully and carefully, for there is more wisdom there to be found than elsewhere in the newspaper. Except for Darby Conley’s “Get Fuzzy”; for some reason, I just can’t get into that one.

And that’s about the size of it.

Take THAT, Honolulu Star-Advertiser.


No comments: