Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant


During my most recent trip to Las Vegas, I ate at a coffee shop that the locals patronize – Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant on Decatur, the very first “local-favorite” restaurant I ever ate at in Las Vegas.

It’s been a while since I’d been to this particular location (they have five restaurants in the Las Vegas area); the last one I was at was on Flamingo, where the wife and I used to have breakfast before catching our flight home, because it was the closest to the airport.

The breakfasts used to be pretty cheap, as low as $5 for one of those standard eggs and potatoes with some breakfast meat and a cup of Java. They’ve changed their menu a bit, and the prices are a little higher, but it’s still a friendly place to go.

When I go alone, I shimmy up to the counter instead of waiting for a table. The counter waitress, whoever she may be, is usually very friendly and flirty. They always call you “dear” and “honey” there, which is kind of nice because it just comes naturally to them. Not forced or artificial at all.

Nothing much has change in the last 2-3 years since I last ate there, except a couple of the waitresses who I recognized looked a little older.

In case you’re wondering, I had smoked sausage and eggs, plus three pancakes of the humongoid variety. No pic because I’ve already written about the place in my “Place for My Taste” blog.


No comments: