Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Zippy’s McCully Renovating

If you want to eat at Zippy's McCully, you'd better hurry.
They're closing for a few months after this weekend for a few months. It must have been a couple of years ago when I heard this popular eatery was going to close for a major renovation. But then they kept postponing it and I forgot all about it.
When I went there for breakfast yesterday (our kitchen has been painted but is in the process of being restocked so I can't cook at home yet), I saw this sign on their restaurant door:
At the stroke of midnight Sunday, the restaurant, take-out counter, Napoleon's Bakery and Osaka Okazuya are ceasing service until the Fall.
The staff is being redeployed temporarily to other Zippy's locations throughout Honolulu and I hope they all come back to McCully when the place reopens. I've been eating there for years and have come to regard them all as friends.
Guess I need to get my chili moco somewhere else for a few months.

No comments: