Sunday, April 1, 2012

What's Up, Doc?

9:30 a.m. Thursday, March 29, 2012
See the policeman on the right side of this picture, holding his arms out to his sides as if to say, "What's with you!"? Also, notice the light is red.

Okay, here's the scoop. Last week, the intersection of Beretania and Punahou Streets was a mess – only one lane was open in either direction on Punahou because of road work, and two lanes heading downtown on Beretania were closed. It was an extension of work farther up the street, I reckon, as Punahou has been a mess for a couple of weeks now.
Anyway, I had whipped out my phone and had just clicked a shot of the mess when I noticed the cop in a "What's with you, buster" stance, staring at me, wiggling his fingers, obviously letting me know he was upset that I wasn’t paying attention to him.
But y’know, I was paying attention to the traffic light and frankly didn’t notice him telling me to proceed against the light. He gave the “the eye” as I drove forward just as the light changed and passed him.
Me? I just gave him a Queen Elizabeth hand wiggle-wave as I drove by. No harm, no foul.

1 comment:

casch said...

You're a brave guy! In California, they would have most likely given you a ticket~~if they have time!