Monday, February 1, 2010

Puppy Adoptions

We saw this sign set up on a median while driving around San Jose last week.

It made me curious, so with every intention of calling the number and asking questions, I took a picture so I could follow-up later.

To make a long story short, I forgot. It was only after we got back to Hawaii and I was downloading files from my flash drive to my home computer did I discover the picture.

So I Googled the darned thing. Guess what? I found it. It’s a San Jose animal shelter.

One of their online classified postings features sixteen 9- to 10-week-old puppies being put up for adoption. The puppies came from the home of an elderly lady who passed away – there are eight puppies left (three Dachshund mix, three Maltese-Chihuahua-Mini Schnauzer mix, and two Pomeranian mix).

Another posting offers nine 8-week-old puppies rescued from a Fresno County ranch that was flooded during the heavy storms that hit California. The mother is a Husky/Walker Hound mix and the father is a Labrador mix.

But it’s not a free giveaway, not by any means. The adoption fees run $275 to $350. I’m presuming the shelter is legitimate.

Hope they find good homes.

2 comments:

casch said...

Wow! I thought animal shelters only charged a very nominal fee. That seems rather exorbitant to me!

R. said...

I can't quite imagine a maltese-chihuahua-schnauzer. That's a very confused dog. :)

I hope they all find good homes!