Monday, February 15, 2010

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For Me

Ahoy, me hearties! The Black Pearl has sailed into Hawaiian waters! Aaargh!

The pirate ship made famous in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies docked Sunday at Barber’s Point on the east shore of Oahu to be decked out for its reprise role in a new “Pirates” movie to be shot on Oahu and Kauai.

Built by an Alabama shipyard in 2005, the “Sunset” (its real name), is just a façade that just looks like a 17th Century warship. Inside, it has an engine that can move it at a brisk 9 knots.

I’m wondering if there’s any way I can sneak into the closed harbor and catch a real-life glimpse of this ship. If you get a text message saying I’m in jail, please come bail me out.

Look for "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," in theaters next summer.

1 comment:

casch said...

Let me know, I'll bail you out. It would be worth it, especially if you got some pictures!!