Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Play Ball!

The day before yesterday, Sunday, April 5, was not only Easter, it was Opening Day for Major League Baseball, with the St. Louis Cardinals blanking the Chicago Cubs 3-0.

The rest of MLB, including the Atlanta Braves, began the 2015 season yesterday, with the Braves edging the Miami Marlins 2-1.

The Braves aren’t expected to have a ball-busting season, and in fact, when I was in Las Vegas about a month ago, the odds at the Luxor Sports Book for them winning the World Series were 75 to 1. That’s pretty bad.

(Damn! I just realized I forgot to place a bet. Now just you watch. They’re going to win the World Series and because I usually make a $50 bet, I’ll miss out on $3,750. Damn.)

Well … so what? Maybe my betting on them to win the series in the past is what caused them to lose.
Anyway, PLAY BALL!

No comments: