Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Bellagio Conservatory Birds

The second thing I did after visiting The Palazzo on the day I arrived for my mini-vacation at Las Vegas was to drive over to the Bellagio Resort and check out the Conservatory. It's one of my "gotta go" destinations whenever I'm in Sin City.

Well, I have to say I wasn't all that impressed this time. Maybe it was the theme? Birds are nice, but they're not as nice as say, butterflies, or winter scenes, or spring flower gardens. Still, the display was nice, just not as nice as I have come to expect.

Maybe it was that light house in the back. They always seem to have a light house, or a water wheel, or a windmill. Or maybe it was that big black bird cage in the middle of the display. Something about caged birds doesn't quite cut it. Maybe they should have gold-gilt the cage?

Maybe birds aren't whimsical enough for me? Yeah, that's it. More whimsy needed here.

Anyway, the pictures did come out pretty nice:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Maybe I'll like the next one better. We'll just have to see.

2 comments:

Hawaii Vegas Connect said...

I liked the birds! I love how they soared overhead! I've seen the snail before though. And I guess the windmill's "been there, done that" too. And maybe the bird cage in the middle wasn't all that great. But I did like it.

Look at us. Two regular Vegas visitors being so critical over this exhibit that I'm sure many people love! LOL!

Craig Miyamoto said...

Heheh, Cindy. Yeah! Just look at us!

~ Craig