Saturday, June 6, 2009

What Was He Thinking?

Fifty-one year old Danforth Ross of Vassalboro, Maine couldn't drive his car because his driver's license had been revoked earlier.

But he was thirsty. Real thirsty. So, not wanting to risk driving without a license, he and a friend jumped on his riding lawn mower and headed off on a beer run.

Unfortunately, Ross and friend had a couple of beers BEFORE heading out on the mower, and began weaving erratically on their way to the store.

And of course, something like that gets noticed - by quite a few people. A number of motorists stopped Trooper Joe Chretien and told him about the wayward lawn mower being driven by what appeared to be two intoxicated men having a grand ol' time.

When Ross and friend came out of the variety store carrying two cases of beer and anticipating continuing their guzzle party, Trooper Chretien nabbed them and charged Ross with operating under the influence.

(Hey, I just remembered ... isn't former Vice-President Dan Quayle's name actually James DANFORTH Quayle? Why, you ask? Oh, no reason. I just thought the coincidence was funny.)

I kid you not!

1 comment:

Montee said...

I had a friend that I believe wanted to be my boyfriend. He lived a couple of miles away and would ride his lawnmower over to see me. I remember the day Elvis died, I was playing in my front yard and here comes this boy driving down my street on his lawnmower yelling, "Elvis has died! Elvis has died!"