Monday, June 29, 2009

A Blood-Curdlng Experience

I love to make medical laboratory technicians nervous.

Today was my appointed day to truck on down to the medical lab and have them draw some blood for my quarterly doctor’s visit next Monday.

The med tech was a different one whom I’d never met before so I decided to be a little mischievous. When she prepped my arm for the needle torture, I kept telling not to miss the vein. Mine aren’t that easy to find, but they’re not impossible either.

As the needle drew closer, I repeated, “Be careful now, don’t miss, don’t miss, don’t miss.” I swear I could see the sweat breaking out on her brow.

After she got it in, she looked up at me, and I KNOW she just wanted to give me a slap when she saw me grinning and chuckling.

Sometimes I can be so bad, yah?

1 comment:

Montee said...

You're a bad, bad man.