Friday, August 13, 2021

Mysterious Sparks


The sun’s a yellow star, they say, turning red at end of day, and every memory born and bred, nestles comfy in my bed.


Little events in my life sparkle occasionally in my memory, stimulating dreams at night, and recollections during the day.


The mini-memories would be significant if I could make them meaningful. But a good 90% of the time, they just faintly remind me of something or someone in the past, and I can’t consciously determine how they connect with my life.


For example, during my physical therapy one day, I had a half-second flash-vision of myself rolling a penny around in my mouth. I mean … eww. What’s that all about? In real life, I’d never do that. And I can’t think of any relationship it has with my real life—past or present.


Oh, and early one morning, a dream incident woke me up. I was scrolling through my Facebook news feed and thought I saw a diamond sparkling in the leaves of a forest screen I just passed. I scrolled back, found the picture, and totally failed trying to find the sparkle.


A dream interpreter would have a field day with me.


No comments: