Tuesday, September 10, 2019

A Tribute to a Lost One



Mending My Broken Heart

It’s been a year since you got wings,
And rose into the cotton sky.
I know you saw me every day,
In lonely solitude, I’d cry.

The diner meals we used to split,
The warming hugs we often shared,
The silly jokes that made you laugh,
You scratched my back to show you cared.

The empty couch where you once sat,
The dining table has your place.
I see you everywhere I gaze,
The lovely smile upon your face.

You’re always present, ever there,
To help me cope throughout the day.
It’s getting better, not too bad,
The days are blue, no longer grey.

Now I sing the radio songs
No salty tears to blur my sight.
No longer do I reach to touch
You in the early morning light.

I must be healing in my heart,
I’m moving forward with my life.
A better man I am today,
Because I loved you as my wife.

(A 1-year anniversary of passing)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig, was this post about your wife? Very touching.

Craig Miyamoto said...

Yes it is. Thank you.

Teagan W said...

This was a loovely blog post