July was National Park and Recreation Month in the United States, and WalletHub ranks Hawaii as the 10th best state for recreation. Well, ain't that a kick. No wonder we get family and friends coming here every summer.
Hawaii ranks #1 in:
- Number of Bike Rental Facilities per Capita
- Number of fishing spots per 100,000 residents
- Number of hiking trails per 100,000 residents
- Number of boat tours and water sports per 100,000 residents
Hawaii is also ranked:
- 2nd in entertainment and recreational facilities
- 3rd in parkland as a percentage of city area
- 4th in most coffee shops per capita
Our food prices, however, are 2nd highest of the 100 largest cities measured, exceeded only by San Jose, CA.