Saturday, June 13, 2015

Big WOW! ComicFest San Jose


A couple of years ago, I got a pic of my grandson posing with Star Wars' R2D2 at the ComicFest in San Jose. This year, I got a chance to visit the Con (actually the "Big WOW! ComicFest") held at the San Jose Convention Center, April 18-19.

It was a fantasy comic cover's delight with a big ol' meeting hall packed with comic artists and their work for sale:





I have to say that I have no idea who the artists are, nor am I familiar with the comic characters for whom they've become famous. It's just not my cup of tea. But I did enjoy checking out their work and pretending I'm an enthusiast.

For me, the most enjoyable part was seeing the plethora of cosplayers walking around, providing ample photo ops for anyone who asked. So I sneaked a few, and asked for some as well:






We spent a couple of hours there, and I walked out with plenty of pictures, an armful of official Big Wow! 2015 and Silicon Valley Comic Con 2016 tee shirts, and plenty of memories ... oh, and sore feet (those concrete floors are murder on one's soles).

By the way, Apple founder Steve Wozniak and Marvel Comics' Stan Lee have co-opted next year's show and will launch the first Silicon Valley Comic Con on March 19-20, 2016, at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.


No comments: