Sunday, May 26, 2013

Additional Anti-Germ Effort

Kuakini Medical Center in Honolulu may have had these for quite a while, but it's been quite a while since I wandered the halls there.

During a recent visit to accompany the wife and wait for her as she underwent a procedural scanning, I had time to find a morning cup of coffee. On my way back from the hospital cafeteria, I saw this sterilization station.

In and of itself, a sterilization station isn't anything new; I've seen them for years in various hospitals.

But what was new were the disposable masks that they had available (the mask dispenser is visible on the left side of the antiseptic lotion dispenser). It's about time someone thought of making them available to hospital visitors. Sterilizing hands has become de rigueur, but the offering of masks is something new to me.

I did have a bit of a cough, so I took one and used it.

No comments: