Thursday, April 12, 2012

Keep Yer Distance!

Pristine 1975 (?) Buick
While driving around in western Kentucky last week, I chanced upon this beautifully restored Buick in a parking lot ... sitting there, all by its lonesome, straddling four parking spaces, away from the general pack of cars.

I think it's a 1975 Buick Skylark convertible, but I could be wrong. When I was a kid, we used to have a 1956 Buick and it looked nothing like this one.

The owner did a good job on it. The paint was perfect, no scratches, valleys, bumps or pimples. No dust or dirt on the finish either. It was simply amazing.

If I'd bumped into the owner, I'd have shaken his hand for preserving such a beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice car! I see a lot of pristine older model cars in Kentucky. Wouldn't mind having one myself and as much as I dislike someone that hogs spaces for a car like this at the back of a lot, I think it would be OK!