Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Fishy Story

I recently saw two the largest pale-pink carp I’d ever seen in my life, swimming around in an aquarium just inside a San Jose Chinese restaurant.

The larger of the two must have exceeded a couple of feet long, swimming lazily from one end of a six-foot aquarium to the other, shoving some orange fish aside every time it passed by.

The hostess saw me taking their pictures and said the large one was 19 years old.

The thing is, it was only a little bigger than the other, which was trying to make itself invisible in one of the back corners of the fish tank.

Now I’m wondering how old the shy one is. I would say that I’d ask the next time I’m there, but I doubt I’ll go back … the food wasn’t very good.

Maybe I should have asked them to … um … never mind.

No comments: