Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dirty Sheets vs Really Dirty Sheets

As a person who insists that bed sheets be changed and washed at least once a week, I gagged when I heard that a half-million (HALF MILLION!) people in England wash their sheets only three times a year. That’s every 120 days or so.

Yuck and eww!

Most Brits 25 and younger have the dirtiest bed sheets, and 10% of those wash their sheets every other month or so. Those over 55 are better, washing on average three times a month.

Ohhhh, the disease! The disease and filth that’s gathering on the beds!

How ‘bout us Americans? Forty percent are like me and wash our sheets every week, about a third washes every couple of weeks, 16% wash once a month, and 10% wash less than once a month.

That’s not as bad as the Brits, but remind me never to stay as a house guest in that lower 26% of our population.

And by the way, Londoners are the worst in England. Nearly a quarter of them wash their sheets once a month or less.

If I ever travel to England, I’m going to have to do some pre-vacation vetting of hotels and inns, and ask how often they wash their sheets.

Eww! Eww! Eww!

No comments: