Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Doves Emulate Humans


We see a lot of doves in our driveway. Guess that's because we feed them, and they've taken to hanging around waiting for me to show up with some goodies for them.

I couldn't help noticing three pairs of doves yesterday, and called the wife over to take a look.

The doves reminded me of human couples: The first pair (#1 in the picture) were obviously still courting, or recently mated. I mean, they just pressed closely together. Y'know, newlyweds. The second pair (#2) probably had been paired for quite a while. They were close, but not pasted to each other. Like a man and woman who've been married a few years.

The last pair (#3) were like an old married couple. They hang around together, but would rather keep their distance from each other.

The wife didn't like that. She called me a disgruntled old coot.

No comments: