Saturday, February 18, 2012

Eight Pipers Pipin'


Have you ever been to the North Atlantic coast of the U.S.? This picture, which I took at Magic Island Lagoon, kind of takes you to the beaches of New England, doesn't it? Like Massachusetts in the summer. Like New Hampshire's Hampton Beach, where I once spent a day.

Every now and then, a person sees sandpipers on Hawaii's beaches. It hasn't happened often enough for me, as I love to watch those little fellas piping on the sand, peeping and pecking and chasing the tide in and out.

I have a thing about small birds ... they bring out the inner peace in a person. I love watching sandpipers skittering on the wet sand, leaving their tiny footprints wherever they've been. Kind of like those left by life experiences on one's spirit. Little trackmarks on your heart.

Can't help but be thankful for life's little pleasures. Like sandpipers on the beach.

1 comment:

casch said...

It's the little things in life that are the best!!