Saturday, July 31, 2010

World’s Longest Yardsale 2010

It’s here again. Soon. Real soon, like next week. It’s the 23rd annual “U.S. 127 Corridor Sale,” also known as the “World’s Longest Yardsale.”

The 675-mile yard sale that winds its way through six states and stretches from Hudson, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama, is scheduled for Thursday, August 5, through Sunday, August 8.

As usual, thousands of vendors will set up their tables and tents on front lawns and vacant fields in the towns along the route, giving bargain hunters every opportunity to load up their cars, vans and trucks with everything from marbles to pots, from comic books to model cars, from dolls to electronics, from clothes to kitchen items, from gardening tools to furniture, from … well, you get the idea – most anything you want will be available somewhere along the route.

The event is a boon for events and attractions that include river boats, railroads, music, arts, crafts, horse-riding, hiking, Civil War history, agriculture and beautiful scenery.

I wrote about this a year ago, and it tickled me so much that I put it in my tickler file for this year. You see, I wanted to warn you about the traffic jams that’ll clog driving in those areas next weekend.

One of these days, I’m going to do the drive. Wanna come along?

1 comment:

R. said...

I definitely wanna come! I've talked for years about driving over, but the timing has never worked out. Maybe next year. :)

I like the new design on the blog!