Monday, June 28, 2010

My Hotel Rooms in Las Vegas

I was fortunate to have complimentary rooms at two hotels during my recent vacation trip to Las Vegas – at the Orleans for two nights before moving to The Palazzo for the remainder of my stay.

It had been a couple of years since I last stayed at the Orleans, so I was interested to see what kind of improvements they’d made to the rooms.

They did a good job; I was pretty impressed with the room, the furnishings and appointments.

My Room at the Orleans

Then I moved over to The Palazzo, the sister property to The Venetian on the Las Vegas Strip.

This is an entirely new experience; usually, when I stay at the Strip hotel, it’s Harrah’s.

All I can say about my room at The Palazzo is … the difference in class really shows. The room was luxurious, on a par at least with The Bellagio. There was entirely too much in the room for just one person. For example, there were two high-definition flat screen television sets in the room, and that’s not counting a small flat-screen in the bathroom.

The drapes and Roman curtains were remote-controlled, and they provided wireless internet and an excellent fax/printer for my use.

My Room at The Palazzo

My opinion on the two hotel rooms? The Orleans was nice, yet definitely not on a par with The Palazzo. But, I’m not complaining … after all, the rooms were complimentary.

2 comments:

Cami Collazo said...

“I was fortunate to have complimentary rooms…” – You are one lucky guy indeed! There’s nothing like free hotel rooms. And I must say you got yourself some pretty nice rooms. The ones in Orleans looks quite nice, but the Palazzo suit seems to have more space. Nevertheless, both look marvelous.

Craig Miyamoto said...

Yep, Cami, sometimes we luck out!

~ Craig